Tigris provides an embedded full-text search engine that gives you a seamless and scalable experience for building rich search experiences in your app. Built on Typesense, the embedded search engine eliminates the need to run a separate search system alongside your database.
Tigris automatically indexes the data in collections and topics, providing rich search capability out-of-the-box.
Tigris embedded search provides the following rich set of features:
- Full-text search: Ability to perform full-text search queries on the collections
- Faceted search: Ability to perform facet query to aggregate search results by fields.
- Searching on nested fields: Ability to perform search on nested fields
- Projection: Ability to include or exclude fields that are not needed in the result
Tigris TypeScript SDK provides the following API to search documents or events in a collection or topic:
- search(): search for one or more documents or events in a collection or topic
The search operations allow specifying filters on any of the fields.
Filters support the following comparison operators:
- EQ: equal to is used for exact matching
- LT: less than is used for matching documents using less than criteria
- LTE: less than or equal to is similar to LT but also matches for equality
- GT: greater than is used for matching documents using greater than criteria
- GTE: greater than or equal to is similar to GT but also matches for equality
For multiple conditions, there are two logical operators provided:
- OR: Combines multiple filter operators and returns documents when either condition is met
- AND: Combines multiple filter operators and returns documents when all the conditions are met
Checkout the language-specific reference sections to learn more about using search in your favorite language.